Northway Ford Lincoln is a proud supporter of the Canadian Cancer Society. A $25.00 contribution will be made to the Canadian Cancer Society in support of the breast cancer cause from each car sold. The campaign to support this drive is on until October 31st. It's easy, when you visit one of our stores and buy a car we'll donate from that sale towards the breast cancer cause.
Breast cancer statistics:
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among Canadian women.
- This year an estimated 26,900 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 5,000 will die of it.
- Breast cancer accounts for approximately 25% of new cancer cases and 13% of all cancer deaths in Canadian women.
- 1 in 8 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime and 1 in 33 will die of it.
- More than 80% of breast cancers occur in women 50 and over.
- Early detection and increased screening rates combined with better treatment therapies for breast cancer have resulted in a 44% decrease in the breast cancer death rate since the late 1980s. Breast cancer is still the most common cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death among women in Canada. It is for these reasons, that we are committed to supporting breast cancer research, education, and awareness.
"Let's do something for our sisters, our mothers, and our daughters. Let's drive to a cure"